Research Page of Huaxia Xia
- Storage Systems: distributed/parallel storage
- Grid Computing: scheduling, security, fault tolerance, and data management
- Network Security
- Algorithm Development
Currently, I'm working on the following projects:
- Huaxia Xia and Andrew Chien, RobuSTore: Robust Performance for Distributed Storage Systems, to be appeared in 14th NASA Goddard - 23nd IEEE Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST2006), May 2006. Also available as UCSD Technical Report CS2006-0851.
- Frank Uyeda, Huaxia Xia, Andrew Chien, Evaluation of a High Performance Erasure Code Implementation, UCSD Technical Report CS2004-0798. Also available in pdf.
- Andrew A. Chien, Xinran (Ryan) Wu, Nut Taesombut, Eric Weigle, Huaxia Xia, and Justin Burke, OptIPuter System Software Framework, UCSD Technical Report CS2004-0786. Also available in pdf.
- Xin Liu, Huaxia Xia, and Andrew Chien, Validating and Scaling the MicroGrid: A Scientific Instrument for Grid Dynamics, Journal of Grid Computing, vol. 2, no. 2, 2004.
- Huaxia Xia, Holly Dail, Henri Casanova and Andrew Chien, The MicroGrid: Using Emulation to Predict Application Performance in Diverse Grid Network Environments, In Proceedings of the Workshop on Challenges of Large Applications in Distributed Environments (CLADE'04), Honolulu, Hawaii, June 2004.
- Many authors including Alex Olugbile, Huaxia Xia, Xin Liu and Andrew Chien from CSAG, New Grid Scheduling and Rescheduling Methods in the GrADS Project, in the Workshop for Next Generation Software, Santa Fe, New Mexico, April 2004, held in conjunction with the IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium 2004.
- Jichao Zhang, Weimin Zheng, Di Chang and Huaxia Xia, Experience with the design of a communication protocol for PC clusters, 4th International Workshop on Advanced Parallel Processing Technologies, Ilmenau, Germany, September 2001.
- Jichao Zhang, Di Chang, Weimin Zheng and Huaxia Xia, Optimization of PVM Based on a User-level Communication Protocol, 4th International Workshop on Advanced Parallel Processing Technologies, Ilmenau, Germany, September 2001.
- Huaxia Xia and Weimin Zheng, High-performance PVM Based on Fast Message Passing, Journal of Software (China), vol. 12, no. 1, 2001
Some Class Papers:
- Naveen Gattu, Richard Huang, John Lynn, Huaxia Xia, Magnus: Peer to Peer Backup System, Sp03-CSE291 Project, June 2003
- Huaxia Xia, Stamp-Designing Problems, Fa02-CSE203 Project, November 2002
- Huaxia Xia, Using Approximation Methods to Implement Quota Mechanism in Peer-to-Peer System, Sp02-CSE208A Project, June 2002
- Fox Harrell, Yuanfang Hu, Guilian Wang, Huaxia Xia, Survey of Locating & Routing in Peer-to-Peer Systems, Fa01-CSE221 Project, Dec 2001
- Huaxia Xia, Using Trace Cache in SMT, Sp01-CSE241 project, June 2001
- Huaxia Xia, Yuanfang Hu, Xianan Zhang, Implementation of MiniML Using OBJ3, Wi01-CSE230 project, March, 2001
some related with distributed computing, network and architecture
notes: Helpful articles from professors
online sources for publications
& Projects: related with distributed computing, network and architecture
the projects in GrADS
P2P resources: some
papers and articles on peer-to-peer.
Courses: homepages of classes from UCSD or other universities
news: general IT online news